HomeAboutContactDonorsChoose

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Confession Friday!

Well, I realize this is Saturday, but I stumbled upon Jennifer's post at Empowering Little Learners and just couldn't resist posting. I guess you could say I got a bit carried away..........but I would love to have some feedback/suggestions/help on whether this has happened to you or if you can share some things you would do. I love my job and I totally am such a teacher nerd! LOL, I figured I would just copy my post here so hopefully if you feel the urge to offer some help just post it here! (It is long and I feel like I just rambled, but I do need some help!)

Before you read ALL of my confessions, this will be my 18th year........I taught K my first year and then taught first for the past 16 years. LOL okay, here goes my list of confessions:

1. I truly feel like a first year teacher running around with my head cut off and I feel like my mind is having a race to see what I can forget first!

2. I confess I have some of the sweetest kids and I can't wait to get started on my new adventure with them!!

3. I confess to already spotting my rounders after the 2 phase in days. We break them in 2 groups and they come from 8:30-11:00 on two different days. I don't like to do that and I am trying my hardest to make sure I don't label those kids.

4. I confess I feel like I am going to pull my hair out because I have wayyyyyy too many kids in a room. Currently I have 27 but had 29. How many students can you guys have in your classrooms? My principal is wonderful and she has done all she can for right now-have to wait to hear from the county which could be up to 40 days-all 5 of the K classes are this big or bigger! YIKES!

5. I confess I cannot wait for the new 2 K teachers to be hired so I can prepare for the kids that I will have this year in my class. I haven't put names on things like BEE Books or the bags I use to send home nightly reading books. I have had parents tell me as well to please make sure their child gets to stay in my room! Bless, I don't even know how they will decide who moves or stays.

Would love to have some feedback/help if this is familiar to any of you! I love my job and the lack of sleep-I have been getting up at 4:30 AM every morning because my nerves of what in the world I am going to do! Please help and send suggestions for me! I am only 40 and I feel like I am about 60! Have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat - but thankfully our district will make the decisions after the 10th day of school, so we only have one more week to wait it out! I hope your county comes to a decision soon - it's so frustrating to be in limbo like that.

    My only suggestion is to try to relax this weeend and remember that this too will pass - and the fact that you are even worried about any of this just proves that you are a wonderful, caring teacher!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like that every year! I think it's just kindergarten. If it's any consolation, I'm in a room built for preschool, I have 26 kids, and my numbers will not go down!


    ☺Jody

    Camp Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I currently have 13 kids in my class and my principal told me if the numbers do not go up my position will be cut next year. Somehow to me this seems way scarier then having to many kids.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I should have the word verification thingy turned off. Please let me know if it is not. Thanks!