Well, I realize this is Saturday, but I stumbled upon Jennifer's post at Empowering Little Learners and just couldn't resist posting. I guess you could say I got a bit carried away..........but I would love to have some feedback/suggestions/help on whether this has happened to you or if you can share some things you would do. I love my job and I totally am such a teacher nerd! LOL, I figured I would just copy my post here so hopefully if you feel the urge to offer some help just post it here! (It is long and I feel like I just rambled, but I do need some help!)
Before you read ALL of my confessions, this will be my 18th year........I taught K my first year and then taught first for the past 16 years. LOL okay, here goes my list of confessions:
1. I truly feel like a first year teacher running around with my head cut off and I feel like my mind is having a race to see what I can forget first!
2. I confess I have some of the sweetest kids and I can't wait to get started on my new adventure with them!!
3. I confess to already spotting my rounders after the 2 phase in days. We break them in 2 groups and they come from 8:30-11:00 on two different days. I don't like to do that and I am trying my hardest to make sure I don't label those kids.
4. I confess I feel like I am going to pull my hair out because I have wayyyyyy too many kids in a room. Currently I have 27 but had 29. How many students can you guys have in your classrooms? My principal is wonderful and she has done all she can for right now-have to wait to hear from the county which could be up to 40 days-all 5 of the K classes are this big or bigger! YIKES!
5. I confess I cannot wait for the new 2 K teachers to be hired so I can prepare for the kids that I will have this year in my class. I haven't put names on things like BEE Books or the bags I use to send home nightly reading books. I have had parents tell me as well to please make sure their child gets to stay in my room! Bless, I don't even know how they will decide who moves or stays.
Would love to have some feedback/help if this is familiar to any of you! I love my job and the lack of sleep-I have been getting up at 4:30 AM every morning because my nerves of what in the world I am going to do! Please help and send suggestions for me! I am only 40 and I feel like I am about 60! Have a great weekend!
Why Teachers Need Their Teacher Tribes
5 days ago